Country Livin' Stamp Set Woodlands Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set


I decided I wanted to make a Masculine Card. A real Blokes Card, with NO ribbons, bows or obvious pretty bling, so I set about looking in the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. I saw the Guy Greetings Stamp Set, but the images weren't big enough and even though my Hubby rides a Harley and a member of the NSW Chapter of the Veterans Motorcycle Club I realized that I couldn't use the New One Wild Ride Stamp Set even if I wanted to as I still haven't ordered it yet ooops.

Then I remembered I had bought the New Country Livin' Stamp Set and also have the Woodlands Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, which got me thinking "How do they make the Vehicles hide between the trees?".

 I remember seeing a tutorial on You Tube at one time so I jumped onto You Tube, entered Woodland Embossing Folder Tutorial in the search bar and first up is a Tutorial with 'Frenchie' France Martin . Yeah!!! I think Frenchie is great, I love how she leaves all her stuff ups in her Tutorials and walks around her room chatting as if we are they right in her room with her.


Below is a link to Frenchies' Tutorial under the image of her Card.



Woodlands Faux Illusions





So after I watched the tutorial I decided to give it a try. I thought I am going to give this card to Ray my Hubby, he has been working long hours starting at all different times of day and night and we haven't seen much of each other for a couple of months. 
As I get out of bed on a morning he is climbing in after driving all night. He gets up for something to eat then back to bed, his whole life revolves around broken sleep, to make sure there is food on the table and pay to our bills. 
Obviously with him working these types of hours and also working away a week at a time; we both are not feeling the love as we should, and as busy as we get we forget to tell each other one very important thing.

Having been a couple for 36 years things become habit forming very quickly.
This is not good for a marriage, even after all these years being a couple, and 29 years of this time a married couple ( yes we got married on the 7 year itch) lol, we still have to work on our marriage and keep it as exciting as it was way back then.

We have been talking about retirement in 3 years time and maybe moving North West of NSW get away from the City life, So I thought this Image would be perfect for the card, and then looking through all my New Stamp Sets that I have bought so far from the New Annual Catalogue June 2016 - May 2017, I saw the perfect sentiment from the Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set. It is just right for how I have been feeling lately.


I do hope you like my card as much as I do. 



This  is my attempt to get colour range for the sky, typical for Australian Bushfire Season




The Simple Sentiment of "I love YOU" on the front of the card and the Verse inside is perfect for the 'Blokes Bloke' it says it all.




I used a piece of Fun Foam to stabilize the Image Layer as it became very warped with the Deeply Textured Embossing of the Woodland Image then also with the amount of Colouring that was done.






Popular posts from this blog

Patty Bennetts - Million Dollars US Sales - Ribbon of Courage Stamp Set.

International Blog Hop - THEME - WEDDING...

Crazy Crafters - Team Project Highlights