Sunday, 31 July 2016

CRAZY CRAFTERS BLOG HOP - BLOGGING WITH TAMI WHITE



Hello, and welcome to another Crazy Crafters Blog Hop for the last day of July with the very Special Guest - Tami White from the USA. I am very pleased and honoured to be participating in today's Blog Hop where we were asked to CASe (Copy And Selectively Edit) one of Tami White's Showcase designs and there was so many to choose from but I decided to pick the design using the Sliding Star Framelits.


First of All, here is the Card from Tami's Showcase Tutorials






Here is My Creation that was Inspired by the Above Card.








This was the very first time I have made a Sliding Card and I found it quite easy to do.
Stampin' Up!® make our lives so much easier with their finest of Thinlets and Framelits Dies. 
Here are the following products I used to make these two Cards.

Basic Black Cardstock
Night of Navy Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Silver Glimmer Cardstock
Sliding Star Framelits Dies / Shooting Star Stamp Set Bundle
Cupcake Cutout Framelits Dies 
Stars Framelits Dies
Stampin'Write Markers Crushed Curry, Island Indigo, Night of Navy
Wink Of Stella
Stazon Black Ink/ Stazon Cleaner
Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
1"Circle Punch
The Big Shot
Along with Tombow Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Foam Adhesive Strips, Stampin' Dimensionals
Plus 10 cent pieces x 2.


I love how the shooting Star, Spins around as it moves, but next time I think I will use Washers instead of the 2 ten cent coins as they are quite heavy, all the same, it sure added a smile on my face when I saw it spin.


Make sure you don't miss any of the amazing cards this week and keep hopping all the way around our Crazy Crafters Hop. See all the brilliant ideas and creations they come up with.

Please if you have the time leave me a comment, we all like to receive comments about our work.

You are currently on my blog - Christine Anne Matias, check to see who is below me and that is where you should head to next!



Thank you for hopping with us, I do hope you have enjoyed what you have seen.

Have a Wonderful Day
Keep Smiling.




46 comments:

  1. You had me at spinner card! I love your creations and also all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much for your kind words Carolina, this is so special coming from you, as I am always in awe of your work. :)

      Delete
  2. Genius!!! I love how you added the moon and star in silver glimmer in the center! It's perfect.
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tami, It was such an honour to be blogging with you. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to Blog along with us Crazy Crafters from down under. Thank you for you lovely comments on my cards, Your comment has inspired me to make sure I keep on Stamping and Blogging even more. :)

      Delete
  3. Great cards Christine.....gotta love bling and sparkly stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so right Vicki, You just gotta have bling and sparkly stuff. It always takes me to my happy place.

      Delete
  4. Love both of your cards. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Tamie, they are so much fun when they spin, brings the kid out of you again.

      Delete
  6. Christine this is gorgeous and congrats on your first attempt - looks perfect!!!! Love the bling too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leisa, I was very chuffed to see them spin, not as good as Juana's but I did say they were quite heavy as I used 10c pieces. Next time I will use washers or I will raid the piggy bank for the 5c pieces. hehehe.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful cards Christine! Who wouldn't love to receive one of these? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail, Yes that is for sure, I am thinking on other themes right now to make more spinner card. I know I would love to receive one, and my adult kids have put their hands up for one already. :)

      Delete
  8. Fantastic take on Tami's card - you totally made it your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kylie for your kind words. I am pretty chuffed on the end result.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful spinner card! The colours are great and the overall finish is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh, thank you Louise for your lovely inspiring comment. I really appreciate this. :)

      Delete
  10. Yay! We Cased the same card - they look fabulous! Love the silver glimmer and the textured embossing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! As they say great minds think alike hehehe. Thank you for your comment, coming from you Juana I am honoured, awwwh I'm blushing now. :)

      Delete
  11. Love your spinner card! How do you stick two 10 cents together but still leave a gap? I haven't got this set yet as I am not sure how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, the trick is to cut off the pointy bits of the dimensional you place between the coins. It gives just a little gap for the cardstock to fit in between. This set is amazing. The cards that you could create is astounding, ASAP get this set, you will love it.

      Delete
  12. Nice work Christine :) I will have to give these spinner cards a go when I get some time for myself

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas for spinner cards Christine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nanette, I am looking forward in making more in the near future. :)

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you Angela, So easy to put together and so much fun :)

      Delete
  15. Love the glittery stars and what a great idea to use the softly falling embossing folder. Lovely cards Christine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue, I adore the Softly Falling Embossing Folder, I use it so much on my cards. I thought with the card being Sky Fall it went just right with the theme. :)

      Delete
  16. Great card. Love the glimmer paper matting and a star. This card makes me start singing. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank you Satomi, you got my card. I was hoping so much that someone else would sing. It is a childhood favourite song of mine. 'When You Wish upon a Star". You have made this blog all worthwhile. :)

      Delete
  17. Great spinner cards Christine, just love them. I am yet to try this technique. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela, oh as soon as you can, give this technique a go. It is so much to do, and there isn't a lot of fussing around, which I thought there would be, until I made these cards now I am wanting to make more in different themes. :)

      Delete
  18. Great cards and looks like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sabrina. Yes they are so much fun, easy to make and makes you feel like a kid again when you see them spin. :)

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, I just love bling, if I can get it on every card even if it is just a touch it will be on my cards. :)

      Delete
  20. Great cards Christine. Loving all the silver sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Kirsten, Thank you I am a sparkly girl at heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea to use the Softly Falling embossing folder with this card, it works perfectly! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessie. It is such a versatile Embossing Folder. but a word of warning, flatten out the dots it makes near the spinner as they get stuck in areas. The White Card does spins and twirls very fast, but the Blue Card is a bit sluggish, needs a push once in awhile, took me ages to work out WHY? lol

      Delete