CRAZY CRAFTERS BLOG HOP - BLOGGING with DAWN OLCHEFSKE





Welcome to another Crazy Crafters Blog Hop, this is #3 for this month August 2016; and today we are honoured to have a lovely lady called Dawn Olchefske all the way from Plymouth Minnesota USA blogging along the side of us. 


Here is Dawn Olchefske 




        
                            Dawn's YouTube Tutorial for Double Background Stamping

We are so excited to be doing this Challenge that Kylie Bertucci has arranged for all us Crazy Crafters to CASe one of Dawn’s creations. 

With so many wonderful cards, I was really spoilt for choice. But then I saw a Double Background Stamping Technique in Monochromatic Colour, so this was the card I decided to CASe.

As I have very limited Background Stamps (well really I have only One at the present time), I looked through my collection of Stampin’Up!® Stamps Sets for a suitable stamp to be the other image. I found a similar Stamp to Dawn's ( as it was a block image) to use as my Second Stamped Image.

I do like to make my cards with something inside? so it is not left totally blank, a sentiment maybe, as I like to stamp the image inside to compliment the image on the front of the card. I also stamp the envelope, this gives it a complete and professional look

I am impressed on how my take on Dawn’s card has turned out.
I like it more and more I look at it, so I guess I will be making a few more cards with this style soon.

It is a very quick card to make defiantly in the 10-minute time frame, but this does not degrade the quality of the finished product.









Hoping that you find some inspiration from this hop today, as there are many very talented people in this team to WOW your mind away.


The Double Background Card is A6 size.
  I Used the following Stampin'Up!®  products.

Basic Black A4 Cardstock
Very Vanilla A4 Cardstock
Mint Macaron A4 Cardstock

Mini Glue Dots
Tombow Glue
Jewels Basic Rhinestones
And from the New Holiday Catalogue – Launching 1st September 2016.
3/8” (1cm) Ribbon Trio Pack – Mint Macaron

Hard Wood Clear-Mount Stamp Set

Flourishing Phrases Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Wetlands Clear-Mount Stamp Set for the Sentiment

A6 Envelope

 Please don’t miss any of the Blog Hop today, follow the list of names below you are currently HERE at Christine Anne Matias, Enjoy the Hop we hope you are totally inspired.

Your Feedback is Always Appreciated

Keep Calm and Carry on Stamping :)





Comments

  1. Ohhh I love it!! What a great technique! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carolina, I agree super cool and this card was super easy and quick. Would be a perfect card for a Class

      Delete
  2. I just love your technique Christine. Well Done. Angexo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela. If it wasn't for the lovely Dawn Olchefske making the tutorial, I would never of given this a try.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie. I was super happy when the card just came together. Sometimes less is more.

      Delete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card Christine, well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela, I am very pleased with the card as well.

      Delete
  5. Simple & pretty & I love the colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessie, a perfect card technique for a class super easy but the result speaks for itself.

      Delete
  6. Lovely card Christine....the colour works well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki, Mint Macaron is a lovely green to work with. Making it Monochromatic makes the card easy to make but throws a punch in style.

      Delete
  7. Love the different elements of your card Christine. What's the trick with getting the bow so perfect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosalie. I believe it is the ribbon, it is totally different to what I have seen before, or I fluked it big time lol.

      Delete
  8. Such a gorgeous card Christine and your bow is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole but as I said to Rosalie, it is the Ribbon it is absolutely beautiful or it was a complete fluke lol.

      Delete
  9. What a gorgeous card Christine!!! Well done, its very well CASEd. You're an expert at the perfect bow! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kylie, Oh the bow lol, it has to be the ribbon or it was a complete fluke, we will see when I use it again. If I am able to make bows like this from now on I will be buying many more rolls of the Ribbon lol

      Delete
  10. What a lovely card Christine. I love how soft it looks. The ribbon ties it together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kirsten, the ribbon is gorgeous to make bows with.

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous card Christine. Love the tone on tone stamping and the bow is the perfect touch. Excellent case. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your inspiring words Juana, this means a great deal to me.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful and simplistic but still very sophisticated. I have the woodgrain stamp so I'd really like to try this now. It's got so many possibilities. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, go ahead and try it for yourself, thank you for your kind comment, yes the Wood-grain Stamp does get left behind, and it is a wonderful stamp to use, in so many colours and ways.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for showcasing this technique, it's very effective. Perfect bow as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, this is a wonderful technique, I really don't know why I haven't CASEd it before. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  14. Love the double background stamping...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn thank you so much for Blog Hopping with Us. It has been such an honour, I have been a fan of yours for some time now. Your tutorials are wonderful to follow. Yes I am now a big fan of the double background stamping, and I know I will be using this technique a lot more from now on. xxx

      Delete
  15. Love the double background stamping...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, for your kind words Dawn. Thank you for Hopping with us, it was so much fun and I know like myself all from Crazy Crafters love it too. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Patty Bennetts - Million Dollars US Sales - Ribbon of Courage Stamp Set.

International Blog Hop - THEME - WEDDING...

Crazy Crafters - Team Project Highlights